- Beyond Meat Announces Soaring Revenue Despite Covid-19 Shutdowns
- Chickens Crushed, Denied Water, Left to Suffer at McDonald’s Supplier
- A Zoo Is Struggling So Much That It May Have to Feed Some Animals to Other Animals
- Historic Partnership to Protect 2M Acres of Caribou Habitat
- American Red Cross’ Latest Lifesaving Move: Banning Leather Gloves
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
Forks Over Knives
- New Study Finds a Simple Breathing Exercise May Help Decrease Alzheimer’s Risk
- 4 Drug-Free Ways to Fight Seasonal Allergies
- The Home Cook’s Guide to Growing Edible Flowers
- New Research: Making Plant-Based Meals the Default in Dining Halls Can Help Meet Climate Goals
- Yoga for Sleep: Yoga Nidra 101 + Restorative Poses That Work
- Tabitha Brown on Her New Line of Salt-Free Seasonings
- After a Prostate Cancer Diagnosis Spurred Me to Go Plant-Based, I Feel Like the Energizer Bunny
- Beating Diabetes with Diet: Sharon Palmer’s New Guide Provides an Approachable Plant-Based Plan
- How to Peel a Kiwi + Kiwi Recipes to Try
- The Ultimate Whole Grain Gluten-Free Flour Recipe: Our Favorite Blend Plus Baking Tips
Free From Harm
- Help Us Shut Down WingOut
- 10 Facts About Koch Foods and Joseph Grendys
- Adopt A Cow Program is Pure Industry Propaganda
- What to Make of a Diminished Thing
- Investment Firm Abandons Plans to Build a Mega Slaughterhouse in Wisconsin!
- The Quack Pack: Domestic Ducks Dumped in Park Rescued!
- National Geographic’s Delusional Portrayal of ‘Humane” Dairy Farming!
- “The Jungle” Transformed into the Future of Food
- The Reducetarian Paradox: Rigidly Applying ‘Moderation’ to Eleven Madison Park Restaurant
- Biden Must Stand Up To Animal Agriculture!
Tag Archives: factory farms
Producers and Processors in The Top Tier of The 2020 Business Benchmark on Farm Animal Welfare
The 2019 Benchmark, which analysed 150 global food companies and is supported by Compassion in World Farming and World Animal Protection sees Cranswick and Noble Foods recognised as global leaders on farm animal welfare, alongside retailers Marks & Spencer, Waitrose, … Continue reading
Posted in News & Articles Tagged animal news, factory farms Leave a comment
The World Wants to Eat More Octopus. Is Farming Them Ethical?
SISAL, YUCATÁN, MEXICO—In a damp, darkened shoreside laboratory near the Yucatán hamlet of Sisal, Carlos Rosas Vázquez lifts one of the scores of small conch shells littering a black plastic tank. He coaxes its wary occupant out onto his hand. … Continue reading
Posted in News & Articles Tagged animal cruelty, factory farms, legal rights for animals Leave a comment
Five Ways You are Subsidizing Big Meat Without Knowing it
Many people think of the USDA as a kind of FDA for farm products—dedicated to protecting the public’s health against sloppy or even sleazy practices. But actually the USDA, created when America was agrarian, primarily serves rural America and food … Continue reading
Posted in Uncategorized Tagged factory farms, meat industry, public health Leave a comment
Tyson Dumps Over 6X More Pollution Into Waterways Than Exxon
According to a new report by Environment America, Tyson, one of the largest meat producers in the world, is responsible for dumping more toxic pollution into our waterways than companies like ExxonMobil and Dow Chemical: “Tyson Foods, Inc. or its subsidiaries … Continue reading
Posted in News & Articles Tagged environment, factory farms, pollution Leave a comment
Popular Grocer Trader Joe’s Goes Cage-Free
Trader Joe’s, one of the nation’s most popular grocery chains, announced its commitment to improving animal welfare in its U.S. supply chain by switching to 100 percent cage-free eggs. Trader Joe’s says this transition will take place by 2020 in … Continue reading
Posted in Uncategorized Tagged cruelty-free, factory farms Leave a comment
Break the factory farm system – stop antibiotic misuse
MEPs are facing a crucial vote on an amendment to a draft European regulation which proposes to ban the routine, purely preventative use of antibiotics in factory farming. Together, we can encourage key MEPs to vote in favour of strong … Continue reading
Posted in Campaigns & Urgent Actions Tagged antibiotics, european union, factory farms Leave a comment